Tummy tuck procedures are done in a hospital or an outpatient surgical facility as you just walk home right after it. You will be placed under general anesthesia or given some medicine to keep you asleep during the surgery process. Whichever type of tummy tuck in Dubai you sign up for, the incisions will have to be stitched up and bandaged.
There are small tubes which might be placed along the incision lines — these help in draining excess fluid emanating from the incision site. Cosmetic surgeons in Dubai always advise their patients to start walking as soon as the surgery is done. This is done to ensure that there are no blood clots.
After getting a tummy tuck, you will most likely experience some moderate pain, which can be minimized by the use of painkillers and other medications. The surgeon can also prescribe some blood-thinning drugs which you will have to use for some time, after the tummy tuck. If you get some swelling around the surgical area, do not be worried, as it is purely normal.
For several days after the surgery, the drains will still have to remain on. Your doctor or a member of your health team will take you through all that you need to know on how to empty and take care of them. You might also be required to take antibiotics for as long as the drains are still there.
An abdominal binder or a supportive abdominal garment as it is commonly referred to will have to be worn for at least six weeks after the tummy tuck surgery. These garments help in the prevention of fluid buildup while providing abdominal support as you heal.
The Recovery Process
Once you have undergone the tummy tuck surgery in Dubai, you will have to undergo some regrouping at home. Some of the best cosmetic surgeons in the UAE would advise their patients to take at least two weeks off from work. One should not take part in any strenuous activities for the first two weeks as this would only slow the recovery speed.
- Get enough rest after the surgery
- Try to walk each day after the tummy tuck procedure. This boosts blood flow and prevents blood clots
- Avoid strenuous activities such as going to the gym for at least 6 to 8 weeks
- Consult with your doctor on when you can drive again
- You will be able to get back to work after two to three weeks, depending on the type of work you do
- Do not engage in any sexual activities before getting a green light from your doctor
- You can continue with your standard, healthy diet
- Take a lot of fluids (not unless advised otherwise by the doctor)
- Take foods which can help you avoid constipation
- If you have a tape on, do not remove it until it falls off, or as directed by your doctor
- Do not use hydrogen peroxide or alcohol when cleaning – which you must do regularly
- The gauze area should be clean and dry at all times
- You will have one or two drain tubes which will prevent the buildup of fluid or blood under your skin. Your doctors will show you how to handle them
- Whenever you are about to sneeze, cough, or take a deep breath, it is recommended that you hold a pillow to your tummy. Giving your belly this support lowers down the amount of pain you can feel.
- You should conduct breathing exercises at home as directed by your surgeon
- Strictly take the medicine as instructed.
Get a Tummy Tuck Surgery in Dubai from the Professionals
With so many clinics and individuals claiming to offer the best treatment, it is advisable to do your due diligence and conduct your research thoroughly. Lucky for you, you will not have to do much, get in touch with our professional cosmetic surgeons in Dubai for tummy tuck surgery. You will be assured of quality services, achieving desired results, and the most affordable tummy tuck cost in Dubai.