A highly detailed and customized list of pre-surgical instructions will be issued to you by our Specialized surgeon at Tunio Aesthetics. We will help you prepare yourself for the procedure. Here are some of the common instructions for preparing for this surgery Learn More
- Have healthy weight before surgery.
- Avoid smoking because it delays the process of healing.
- Do not consume alcohol.
- If you have previous medical conditions or allergies, talk to the doctor.
- Consume the prescribed medication as required and adjust any current medication if necessary.
- Do not consume medication such as aspirin, herbal supplements and anti-inflammatory medicine because they increase the chances of bleeding.
- Have some laboratory tests performed.
- On the day of the surgery, wear some loose, worn clothes.
- Get enough good quality sleep on the night before surgery.
- Arrange with someone you trust to pick you up and drive you home after the surgery is complete.
The recovery time usually spans between 2 to 3 weeks after the procedure. You can reduce the length of recovery time and avoid the side effects by following the instructions of your surgeon. In the initial days of recovery, you may feel some discomfort due to the swelling and surgical bruising. However, it will diminish gradually. The swelling may take some time to subside but the overall side effects disappear after several days.
- A fitted compression garment which you are supposed to wear overnight will be issued to you after the surgery. It will retract your skin over the suctioned areas of your body.
- For two to three days after the liposuction procedure, avoid any strenuous activity or exercise.
- Treat your incision sites and drains with extra care. You can keep them clean by taking a shower once or twice every day.
- Consume the oral medication and apply the topical medication so as to trigger the healing process and prevent any infections from occurring.
- Cannula – This is a thin tube that is hollow which is used to break up the fat cells.
- General anesthesia – This is medication that keeps the patient unconscious and prevents pain during surgery.
- Intravenous sedation – This is a process of relaxing the patient by injecting sedatives into their veins.
- Local anesthesia – This is medication which is used to relieve pain and discomfort that is injected directly into the area being treated.
- Lipoplasty – This is a term that means the same as liposuction.
- Liposuction – This is a process which vacuums out the fat from your body.
- Sutures – These are essentially stitches which bind your skin together.
- Hematoma – This is a condition where blood pools under the skin.
Tunio Aesthetics is one of the leading aesthetic surgery clinics in Dubai. Book a free consultation NOW!